I’m a Medic, Get me out of here is back! Between the 5th and 16th March, students from 19 schools will be putting their questions to healthcare professionals in the General Practice Zone.
Let’s meet the healthcare professionals and schools taking part…
General Practice Zone
The Healthcare Professionals
Philippa Horner | Trainee GP, Chesterfield Royal Hospital
I work with a team to help to look after patients when they are unwell, and look for the cause of the problem so I can help them recover quickly.
Nicola Hickman | Practice Manager, A GP surgery, Chesterfield
A doctors surgery is a business and I help to run it. I look after the doctors, nurses and receptionists as well as patients!
Joanne Arthurs | Trainee GP, Orchard Surgery, Kegworth
I have a great job where I see patients who are feeling unwell and use my knowledge to work out what I can do to help them get better…..everyday is different and the best reward is seeing people become fit and healthy again!
Jamie Hynes | Qualified GP, Health Education England, West Birmingham
I’m a GP that teaches GPs how to train new GPs, and I write poems drawings and songs about how great General Practice is!
Gail Allsopp | Qualified GP, University of Nottingham,
I work as a doctor looking after everyone from birth, all the way through their life until the day they die. I help prevent disease, treat people who are unwell and have often been told I have saved peoples lives.
Catherine Harrison | Qualified GP, Tuxford Medical Centre, Nottinghamshire
I’m a GP Partner where each day is like opening a massive surprise pass the parcel! You never know what will you get under each wrapper as the day goes on.
Amanda Henchliffe | Nurse Practitioner, General Practice-Wellbrook Medical Centre, Derbyshire
I am an advanced nurse practitioner where no days are the same, always interesting, and I learn new things every day.
- Belper School And Sixth Form Centre, Derbyshire
- Catmose College, Rutland
- Chellaston Academy, Derbyshire
- Christ The King Voluntary Academy, Nottinghamshire
- Da Vinci Academy, Derbyshire
- John Leggott Sixth Form College, Lincolnshire
- Landau Forte College, Derbyshire
- Meden School, Nottinghamshire
- North Kesteven School, Lincolnshire
- Quarrydale Academy, Nottinghamshire
- Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School, Derbyshire
- Saint John Houghton Catholic Voluntary Academy, Derbyshire
- Skegness Academy, Lincolnshire
- Spalding High School, Lincolnshire
- The Bolsover School, Derbyshire
- The Priory City Of Lincoln Academy, Lincolnshire
- Tupton Hall School, Derbyshire
- Walton Girls’ High School & Sixth Form, Lincolnshire
- West Nottinghamshire College, Nottinghamshire