We’re looking for a moderator to work with us on the upcoming I’m a Medic. It’s an online outreach activity for schools, promoting careers within healthcare and the NHS. We will be promoting careers within Mental Health, so are especially looking for someone with experience and training on mental health issues, for example as a helpline volunteer.
I’m a Medic will run from the 21st January to the 8th February 2019.
This is a paid, 15 day job. If you aren’t free from 8:30—4:30pm on all 15 days, please don’t apply.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Checking and approving questions
- Adding appropriate keywords
- Logging and keeping track of questions, comments and dialogue
- Checking the site for inappropriate content
- Moderating live chats
- Helping to run the site
What we’d like from you…
- You should be bright, thoughtful, pick stuff up easily, ideally with an interest in STEM engagement
- Great attention to detail
- Experience and training on mental health issues, for example as a helpline volunteer
- Based in England and DBS checked on the update service — see details on the GOV.UK website
- You enjoy being online, perhaps have experience in an online community
- You’ll be working from home, so you must have broadband which doesn’t die every 10 minutes
Extra bonus things we’d like, but aren’t hugely important…
- Experience with WordPress
- A sense of humour
- The ability to multitask
- Openness in discussing your lunch
Please send a CV and short covering letter ASAP (by 10am Monday 14th January 2019), to Michaela at firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us why you think you’d be a good moderator.
- Dates: 21st January to 8th February (Mon – Fri) with Skype training on Friday 18th January from 11:00 – 13:00
- Hours: 37.5/week, 08:30—16:30 GMT
- Pay: £9 – £15 per hour, depending on experience and DBS check
You can (and should) find out more about the activity at: I’m a Medic.