I’m a Medic connects students with healthcare workers online.
In the activity, students:
- Read profiles of people in different healthcare roles
- Chat with healthcare workers, in a 40 minute, text-based live chat session
- Ask them questions about anything and anything
- Vote for their favourite team to win £500
For students of all abilities
The activity is pupil-led (students ask the questions they want to) so different age groups, ability levels, and backgrounds all get something out of it.
- Suitable for Year 5/P6 to Year 13/S6
- Primary and secondary
- Special schools, pupil referral units, and other non-mainstream educational settings
Perfect for blended learning
Everything happens online.
Students can take part from home or school – all they need is internet access.
No personal details are shared on the site. Only students given access by their teacher can log in. Teachers can also moderate the Chat.
All interaction is through text – there is no video or audio used – and we moderate all content.
Fits into your timetable
I’m a Medic is a flexible online activity, running in June 2021.
Book live chats for the date and time in June that suits you. Students can log in at any point to read profiles and ask questions.
We suggest spending 2 hours on the activity – one preparation lesson, one homework and one live chat session. This can be adapted for your timetable.
Free for state-maintained schools in Nottinghamshire
We work with a range of organisations to offer this activity free to Nottinghamshire state-maintained schools and colleges.
Find out more:
If you have any questions at all, contact email@example.com.